- English 6 explores all areas of the communication arts with the added aim of challenging students and stimulating their interest in linguistics, literature, and writing.
- Literature studies include fables, folktales, myths, short stories, nonfiction, poetry, drama, and novels.
- Composition instruction emphasizes understanding and establishing effective paragraph structure, developing full-length essay skills, and refining editing and revision methods.
- Process writing will be used for all composition efforts.
SPEAKING AND LISTENING PROFICIENCY
- Speaking and listening proficiency will be practiced through formal presentations and drama.
- Correct usage, parts of speech, sentence structure, and vocabulary enrichment will be addressed through student writing about literature, selected topics, and exercises.
- Critical thinking skills will be applied throughout the course.
- Operations with decimals and fractions
- Operations with integers
- Distributive property
- Scientific Notation
- Equations and inequalities
- Rational and irrational numbers
- Surface area and volume
- Early Humans and Societies
- Mesopotamia, Egypt, and Kush
- Civilization in India and China
- Foundations of Western Ideas
- Timelines, archaeology, map study
- The Roman World
Analysis of geographic, political, economic, religious and social structures of ancient civilizations
Understanding the scientific processes and developing language concepts and vocabulary related to science
- Scientific Methodology
- Minerals, Rocks, and Fossils
- The Restless Earth
- Energy Resources and Bringing Earth’s Processes Together
- Participates in the Science Fair