- English 7 explores all areas of the communication arts with the added aim of challenging students and stimulating their interest in linguistics, literature, and writing.
- Literature studies include myths, short stories, nonfiction, poetry, drama, and novels.
- Composition instruction emphasizes understanding and using more effective paragraph structure, mastering full-length essay skills, and improving revision and editing methods.
- Process writing will be used for all composition efforts.
SPEAKING AND LISTENING PROFICIENCY
- Speaking and listening proficiency will be practiced through formal presentations and drama.
- Correct usage, parts of speech, sentence structure, and vocabulary enrichment will be addressed through student writing about literature, selected topics, and through exercises.
- Critical thinking skills will be applied throughout the course.
- Variables and expressions
- Integer operations
- Solving 2-step equations and inequalities
- Percents, proportions and equations
- Transforming formulas
- Linear functions and graphing
- Pythagorean theorem
- World History and Geography
- Islamic and African civilizations
- Empires of Asia
- Renewal in Europe
- The Early Modern World
- The Modern World
- Timelines and Map Study
Understanding the scientific processes and developing language concepts and vocabulary related to science
- Cells and Heredity
- Diversity of Living Things
- Human Biology and Health
- Participates in the Science Fair