Hebrew & Judaics
From early childhood through Grade 8, JDS inspires students to become exemplary global citizens with enduring Jewish identity through an innovative curriculum enriched by co-curricular experience.
The Hebrew & Judiacs curriculum helps to shape the character and values of our students and strengthen their skills and understanding of Hebrew language and Torah. When a JDS student completes our program, they will be:
- Inspired, Torah-centered, young-adults prepared and proud to lead a Jewish life based on tradition, practiced with understanding and meaning.
- Sophisticated, critical thinkers who are literate and articulate in Jewish text and thought, as well as Hebrew Language.
- Leaders with an enduring Jewish identity and sense of responsibility that guides active voluntary community involvement and supports Jewish, Israel-related, American and global social and philanthropic causes.
- Demonstrates an unshakeable connection to Israel and an awareness of current events.
- Appreciates the diversity within – and unity of – the Jewish community and world at large.